Interested in joining the SVA?  Email Gabi at  Meetings will be held on Thursdays in CUB 239 at 3:30pm

spacer image

Contact Us


Gabi Willard

Vice President
Katie Andrews

Coby Bryner

Gabi Willard

Faculty Advisor
Bill Lloyd

You can email Hunter at if you have any questions or want to join.

Veteran's Service Office
Box 19
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg University
Shippensburg, PA 17257 

spacer image

 Educational Gratuity Program 


Educational Gratuity program provides financial assistance to children of honorably discharged veterans who have service-connected disabilities and served during a period of war or armed conflict or children of veterans who die or died in service during a period of war or armed conflict.


  • Died in service during a period of war or armed conflict or,
  • A veteran who has:
    An honorable discharge from the U.S. military
  • Served during established war service dates as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. **The following decorations can also be used to establish wartime service: Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal or Navy Expeditionary Medal
  • Veteran must have a 100% permanent and total service-connected disability rating by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Child's eligibility criteria:

  • Must be between the ages of 16 and 23, living within the Commonwealth five years prior to application and must attend a school within the Commonwealth.
  • Applicant must have a financial need. 

Payments: Payment will not exceed $500.00 per term or semester per qualified child to each approved educational institution upon submission by that approved educational institution of proof of matriculation of the applicant. Educational gratuity payments may not be made for longer than 4 scholastic years.


Statute: Chapter 87, Title 51
Procedures: Chapter 5, Title 43


How to Apply?

What documentation is needed to apply?

  • Need a copy of last military service DD214 or Military Death Certificate of the sponsoring veteran
  • Copy of birth certificate of applicant
  • Proof of identification (driver's license, voter registration, etc.)
  • Proof of Pennsylvania residency for last five (5) years