United Communication Association
Mission of the United Communication Association
The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To act as a support group and offer internship opportunities primarily to Communication/Journalism students from diverse backgrounds, and also to offer mentoring and networking with students from other disciplines with an interest in the communication professions.
- To foster dialogue about diversity issues.
- To participate in multicultural recruitment.
- To establish stronger partnerships between student media groups and campus organizations.
- To offer a platform for Communication/Journalism students to network with one another beyond their years at Shippensburg University.
The primary function of the organization shall be to bring about a union of diverse students dedicated to truth and excellence in the field of Communication/Journalism by:
- Encouraging students to identify careers in Communication/Journalism.
- Assisting Communication/Journalism students in upgrading their professional skills in order to make them more marketable.
- Strengthening the ties among Communication/Journalism students of all cultural backgrounds.
- Being a part of an exemplary group of professionals that honors excellence and outstanding achievements among multicultural journalists and communicators.